University library now open
The University Library has reopened, but there have been a few changes to ensure your safety. Check out what's changed and how to access the space.
The University Library has now been reopened with new opening times of 9:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. These times will be reviewed closer to the beginning of term.
To keep your wellbeing a priority there have been changes in like with the University's safety measures to protect everyone who needs to use the building:
- Please wear a face mask when in the library, all visitors are expected to. There are a small supply of masks available for visitors who don't have one when they arrive, but these could run out, so bring yours.
- When you're in the building please follow the signage and any other guidance to remain socially distanced.
- Use the hand sanitiser stations at the entrance and across the building.
- You need your University Card to access the library. If you don't have it, you will not be allowed in. This is being done so the library can manage the number of people in the building and maintain social distancing.
- The reception desk and IT Helpdesk will be open, though other services are still online. You can find out which services here.
- Where possible, browse books and resources online and come to collect the books that you already know you need.
- If you do pick up a book that you don't need, place them on one of the book trolleys provided rather than the shelf. These books will be quarantined before being put back.
- There will be a reduced number of study areas and open PCs available to maintain social distancing.
- The study rooms will also remain closed.
- Additional cleaning will be happening across the library and cleaning materials will be available for visitors to clean areas that they will use as well.
The University is continuing to review and update the measures in place in line with the government and expert guidance to ensure your safety.
Like this article? Share it!